Every transaction entered into Fundriver must be connected to a fund. Funds are created in Fundriver during the implementation process (using the Data Load Template), but additional funds will likely need to be added as new gifts are received. This can be done as part of the Transaction Entry process--see "How do I add gifts or other transactions to Fundriver" training for more information--or entered one at a time as new funds are established.
1. Log in to Fundriver and click on the ORGANIZE tab.
2. Click on FUNDS.
4. A blank FUND PROFILE will be generated. Populate this form with information about your fund, including Name, GLID, etc.
The fields marked with an asterisk are considered mandatory fields.
5. Choose an INVESTMENT POOL for your new fund.
6. Choose a NET ASSET CLASSIFICATION based on the donor-imposed restriction (if applicable).
If you are adding a Non-Pooled Fund, the Net Asset Classification will be automatically populated with your organization's Non-Pooled net asset type.
DUE TO/DUE FROM Funds do not participate in the investment pool. Please see the Fundriver Knowledgebase > Spending > Due To/Due From for more information on how and when to create a Due To/Due From fund.
7. Enter fund use restriction and any notes you would like pulled into donor reporting into the fields shown below.
8. Populate other Fund Profile fields as necessary with your organization-specific information.
See Fund Profile definitions for guidance on definitions for each category listed. Optional categories are important to populate properly for report grouping and filtering purposes. To learn how to make additions to these tables, please see the "How do I populate the fund profile drop down?" training for instructions.
8.1. FUND PROFILE field definitions:
The Fund, Project, Program, Dept., Campuses, Department, Purpose/Use, Secondary Category, Secondary Description, Business Office Notes and User Category 2 column headings can be renamed in Fundriver. If you want to rename these fields be sure to let your implementation specialist know.