Answer: It is not recommended, especially for clients with multiple Fundriver databases. Having the program open and being actively used in two windows may cause information to post to the wrong database inadvertently. Fundriver recommends only having one instance of the software open at a time.
Articles in this section
- FAQ: Can I have Fundriver open in multiple browser windows at the same time?
- Multi-Factor Authentication Security Feature
- Working in a Fundriver test environment (UAT database)
- Disabling of TLS (Transport Layer Security) versions 1.0 and 1.1
- FAQ: I'm being asked for a token code multiple times!
- FAQ: How do I fix printing issues in Fundriver?
- FAQ: Nothing is pasting when I try to use Copy From Excel. What should I do?
- FAQ: I’ve tried logging in several times but can't remember my password. I've requested a new password, and it’s still not working.
- FAQ: How do I bookmark my Single Sign On link?
- FAQ: Can people at multiple locations use the same GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar link and call in number?